Re: Do overlays affect the speed of OpenLDAP?

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 11:26:51AM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> Well, I would say it was correct if they were always loaded when you ran
> slapd.  But since you have to specifically load the things you are going to
> use, I'd say no, this isn't correct.

Hmm.  Are you addressing my assumption about speed, or my assumption
about size?

> At least if you build them as
> loadable modules.  Even if not, they aren't enabled unless you configure
> them in slapd.conf or back-config, so they don't tend to add much bloat.

This makes it sound like you're addressing the size issue.

If so (just so I clarify for my sake), let me restate my question
differently:

Is there a performance hit to slapd, if it's compiled with overlays
and backends enabled, but slapd isn't configured to use them at
run-time?

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842