Do overlays affect the speed of OpenLDAP?

If our LDAP server is not going to expressly make use of overlays,
is it to our advantage to disable them at compile-time?

Likewise, is there any harm in enabling misc back-ends, if there's
no immediate plan to use them?

I want to assume that introducing these things, even if unused, at
worst will merely make the image larger, but not slower.

Is that correct?

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842