Corrupt LDAP DB ...

Greetings ...

It's been awhile since I have been on this list, so if things have changed since last, please excuse me.

I'm running a few Fedora Core 4-64 computers which LDAP for pam, nss and Samba mainly, with web page access and control in the future for internal use.

For quite some time, we seem to be getting corrupt LDAP DB. LDAP just stops working and we can't restarted. Have done slap slapindex -v -c, but that just hangs.

I have search the online archives and googled the net for any idea of what might be causing this, but I'm yet to find a reason or means to fix this.

So, currently, we restart all the LDAP servers in readonly mode, dump the DB and restart LDAP in normal mode. If a server falls overs, we rsync a readonly DB over the broke LDAP and start working again.

This has been a problem since FC3, and I have tried OpenLDAP since 2.2.13 on FC3 to 2.2.26 on FC4 and even compiled some custom rpm packages for 2.2.28 and 2.2.29 and still seem to be getting this problems.

	Could I ask if somebody could help me trouble shoot this problem.

We currently use the slapd.conf that ships with FC and add for our DB's ...

database        bdb
suffix          "dc=leenx,dc=co,dc=za"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=leenx,dc=co,dc=za"
rootpw          thiscouldbemysecret
directory       /home/services/ldap/za/db
#cachesize      500000

lastmod         on
schemacheck     on

	If there is any more details that I could give, please let me know.

Thanks
Mailed
Lee