[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Corrupt LDAP DB ...
- To: "C.Lee Taylor" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Corrupt LDAP DB ...
- From: FRLinux <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:43:00 +0100
- Cc: OpenLdap-software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=bF04Iz0oXy3+5NYtW+i3SYtiLL12Nkz/8a3lJqAg/ZYiBdEXEGV+6qBbc04p93eXSfwlIZqswzDuwuLSKufwfXn+yZMR513ZEdqocx4WNtrygrHnirsvsibDd5p/9VrQ078tKiUbraKyOwrMEboeG/aD78ZHDWDKBYQ270MYR1s=
- In-reply-to: <4360CDAB.email@example.com>
- References: <4360CDAB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/27/05, C.Lee Taylor <email@example.com> wrote:
> For quite some time, we seem to be getting corrupt LDAP DB. LDAP just
> stops working and we can't restarted. Have done slap slapindex -v -c,
> but that just hangs.
If i compare with our setup we used to have one LDAP server running on
Debian sarge (testing at the time) with version 2.1.30 and LDAP
clients running over v4/v6 also mostly on Debian.
It used to hang our server every once in a while (every month like).
We noticed after a while that the drive was dodgy which could have
explained the issue.
When we added the SAMBA schemas, we migrated to 2.2.x on FreeBSD 5. We
are currently running 5.4-STABLE with OpenLDAP 2.2.29 (from the
FreeBSD ports). We have one master (r/w) and a slave (ro). The slave
handles all LDAP queries on auth and the master handles all the
queries with Samba auth. Since then, no more crash.
We used to do a : db4.2_recover
It has been documented on some lists and you are encouraged to save
your /var/lib/ldap (or wherever you might find it) before attempting
this command. This is called disaster recovery and it means something.
Also, i am not sure from your limited config file but do you do
checkpoints and indexes ? If not you should.
Hope this helps,
"Step by step, penguins are taking my sanity apart ..."