Re: password-hash {CLEARTEXT} with slapd 2.3.7

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
The code where the {CLEARTEXT} scheme is defined differs from that of other schemes because the berval that contains the scheme name intentionally has 0 length; I guess this was a hack to allow no scheme

Do you mean liblutil/passwd.c ?

and {CLEARTEXT} somehow appear as the same scheme, but it broke at some point. I'm not sure if setting that length to the actual length of {CLEARTEXT} will break anything else, but it'll surely fix this issue. I'd leave this to someone else.

Sorry, I cannot locate the point, I don't know the sources good enough yet. Is there a blueprint, or map, helping me orient in the code?

If you agree this as a bug, I'll drop an ITS on that.

Tony, I dont understand what you want telling me: Omitting any password-hash
defaults for me to SSHA. What is the way you use what?

Samuel, what did you misconfigured? changes.txt mentions ITS#3846 in 2.3.5
but there is to text on this ITS any more.

Adam