[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: how to keep master and slave in sync always
- To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org>, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: how to keep master and slave in sync always
- From: Raj Kumar <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:16:59 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YC1L7W8t2EhQRXMK25GbaGLn5UlvQGimVmbwxze92gTm8ikmAEvtyyXiNY8nm/gh9S/8av4x3crmU9ooYinRAEbTZ9JHC2KaRsDzV4pTrAqHB3Q7ha0dPY8dWoKasdVQUDZr2FA4/vv7eUY2kUcmbCLF9+Rz+pIFPah/8yiMy04= ;
- In-reply-to: <CC29D8A98DFD57DE433784F9@cadabra-dsl.stanford.edu>
Thanks again for your help, Quanah!
So how does slurpd work. Does it try to contact the
slave for every x minutes when a change was made on
the master and send it when the connection is made.
Actually I didn't even see messages in the reject file
that slurpd failed to send the changes. Have you ever
had this setup working? If yes, can you please tell
what version of LDAP that was? Thanks for the info, I
shall try to upgrade to 2.3.6.
--- Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> --On Monday, August 29, 2005 1:39 PM -0700 Raj Kumar
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Thank you Quanah!!
> > I'm using OpenLDAP 2.3.4. I downloaded this
> > about 2 months before.
> > Does slurpd writes the error messages in any log
> > when slave is unavailable? Please let me know if I
> > provide you more information to debug this
> > BTW, which method of sync slurpd or syncrepl
> > preferrable (and why) ?
> Which is preferable depends on your environment. I
> will note that the
> latest 2.3 release is 2.3.6, which 2.3.7 likely
> coming out tomorrow or the
> next day. I would at least upgrade to 2.3.6 and
> retest, as there were a
> number of bugs fixed between 2.3.4 and 2.3.6, some
> of which may have
> affected the behavior you are seeing.
> And yes, slurpd does write out problems it
> encounters to a log file (a
> reject log file, that is based per-slave).
> I personally plan to move to syncrepl in OL 2.3.
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Developer
> ITSS/Shared Services
> Stanford University
> GnuPG Public Key:
> "These censorship operations against schools and
> libraries are stronger
> than ever in the present religio-political climate.
> They often focus on
> fantasy and sf books, which foster that deadly enemy
> to bigotry and blind
> faith, the imagination." -- Ursula K. Le Guin
Do you Yahoo!?
Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.