Re: how to keep master and slave in sync always

--On Monday, August 29, 2005 1:39 PM -0700 Raj Kumar <chicagoboy12001@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thank you Quanah!!

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.3.4. I downloaded this version
about 2 months before.

Does slurpd writes the error messages in any log file
when slave is unavailable? Please let me know if I can
provide you more information to debug this problem.

BTW, which method of sync slurpd or syncrepl
preferrable (and why) ?

Which is preferable depends on your environment. I will note that the latest 2.3 release is 2.3.6, which 2.3.7 likely coming out tomorrow or the next day. I would at least upgrade to 2.3.6 and retest, as there were a number of bugs fixed between 2.3.4 and 2.3.6, some of which may have affected the behavior you are seeing.

And yes, slurpd does write out problems it encounters to a log file (a reject log file, that is based per-slave).

I personally plan to move to syncrepl in OL 2.3.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer