Re: Problem finding telephonenumber in a plain numeric search when number is stored with special characters

Pierangelo Masarati writes:
>Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>Michael Ströder writes:
>>>
>>>Are you sure that this alpha-digit-translation is always the
>>>same in every country?
>>
>>What alpha-digit-translation? :-)
>
> You may have noted on your dialer those letters written in tiny
> fonts on the digit keys... ;)

None.  (On phones that can send SMS yes, but that's not for
dialing.)  Norwegian phone numbers do not involve letters.  If you
see "22 85 28 13 - jobb", that's a number followed by a comment.

Well, I've heard that some Norwegian cleverly put "N-" in front of
their number to tell foreigners that this is a Norwegian number.
I'm sure that tells a lot to a foreigner who doesn't already know
that...

--
Hallvard