Re: Problem finding telephonenumber in a plain numeric search when number is stored with special characters

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

Michael Ströder writes:

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

I wouldn't find that weird for an APPROX matchingRule to
turn aphas into digits for comparison.

Are you sure that this alpha-digit-translation is always the
same in every country?

What alpha-digit-translation? :-)

You may have noted on your dialer those letters written in tiny fonts on the digit keys... ;) I've never seen anything but 26 chars English alphabeth and, unless I missed anything, they all look the same. I guess they come from some specs from the telecom builders...