Re: Error while deleting a attribute from the entry through C-LDAP API

> Dear all,
> 	I am using openldap 2.2.19 on Debian, I am able to add the attribute
> "homePostalAddress" and "facsimileTelephoneNumber" in my entry using
> C-Ldap apis.
> 	I am also able to modify those two attributes using C-Ldap apis, but I
> am not able to delete using the apis. Other attributes from the same
> entry I am able to delete. At the time of deleting those two attributes
> the error in the log is
>
> "conn=962 op=1 RESULT tag=103 err=18 text=modify/delete:
> homePostalAddress: no equality matching rule".

you cannot delete specific values of attributeTypes that do not have an
equality rule.  You can only delete all values, i.e. perform a delete with
empty value list.

> 	From the command line I am able to delete those two attribute.

I guess you're performing a slightly different operation.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it