Re: slurpd trouble

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:36 PM -0500 Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

The binddn should be "cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"

You are missing the second dc= bit.

Good grief!!! This is the 3rd Typo that I have found.....well two I found, 1 you did. :)

That seemed to have go me a bit farther now, it seems the only error that
I see is this:

Error:  ldap_simple_bind_s for bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us:389 failed:
Invalid Credentials

I have made the password the same on everything 'secret', just to make it
easy on this test server.  Isn't that what the Credentials are talking
about?

Thanks for the help.

The credentials in this case refers to the userPassword attribute assigned to the entry "cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us" in your LDAP database. If you cannot bind as this entity using ldapsearch, there is no way replication is going to work.

How do I do this? I can do a 'ldapsearch -x -b "dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us" "(objectclass=*)"
and I get all of the information.

Did you create a cn=replica,.... entry?

Yes, I created the replica entry.

Did you use a clear text password, or a hash scheme as can be created using slappasswd?

I am just using a clear text password right now

If you used a clear text password, did you build OpenLDAP with clear text
passwords enabled?

How can I tell this? LDAP was installed when I intalled Fedora Core 3.

Thanks again, and I am sorry that I am so new to this.

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.