Re: slurpd trouble

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:32 PM -0500 Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

I have been having a lot of trouble getting my replication to work.  So
far, I have set up a Master
server( and a Slave
server(  I added two users onto
the Master server and then copied the database over to the slave.  I
started slapd up on both machines.  I then added another user on the
Master.  I started slurpd in one-shot mode to see why it does not update.
Here is the last part of the error that I get and then it never returns
me to the command prompt.
suffix        "dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"
rootdn        "cn=Manager,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"

This isn't your problem, but dc stands for domain component. Your suffix, etc, dn's do not conform to the general domain standards. To conform your dn's would resemble:

or more likely

since bes-serve does not seem to be a domain name component.

As for your problem, it is due to a typo in your replica statement:

replica uri=ldap://bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us:389

The binddn should be "cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"

You are missing the second dc= bit.

Good grief!!! This is the 3rd Typo that I have found.....well two I found, 1 you did. :)

That seemed to have go me a bit farther now, it seems the only error that I see is this:

Error: ldap_simple_bind_s for bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us:389 failed: Invalid Credentials

I have made the password the same on everything 'secret', just to make it easy on this test server. Isn't that what the Credentials are talking about?

Thanks for the help.

Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator
Bloomfield Schools
PH: 573-568-5669
FA: 573-568-4565
Pager: 800-264-2535 X2549

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.