Re: slurpd trouble

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:32 PM -0500 Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

I have been having a lot of trouble getting my replication to work.  So
far, I have set up a Master
server(10.0.0.4=bes-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us) and a Slave
server(10.0.0.6=bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us).  I added two users onto
the Master server and then copied the database over to the slave.  I
started slapd up on both machines.  I then added another user on the
Master.  I started slurpd in one-shot mode to see why it does not update.
Here is the last part of the error that I get and then it never returns
me to the command prompt.
suffix        "dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"
rootdn        "cn=Manager,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"

Scott,
This isn't your problem, but dc stands for domain component. Your suffix, etc, dn's do not conform to the general domain standards. To conform your dn's would resemble:

dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield,dc=k12,dc=mo,dc=us

or more likely

cn=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield,dc=k12,dc=mo,dc=us

since bes-serve does not seem to be a domain name component.

As for your problem, it is due to a typo in your replica statement:

replica uri=ldap://bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us:389
    suffix="dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"
    binddn="cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,bloomfield.k12.mo.us"
    bindmethod=simple
    credentials='secret'
    tls=yes

The binddn should be "cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"

You are missing the second dc= bit.

Good grief!!! This is the 3rd Typo that I have found.....well two I found, 1 you did. :)

That seemed to have go me a bit farther now, it seems the only error that I see is this:

Error: ldap_simple_bind_s for bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us:389 failed: Invalid Credentials

I have made the password the same on everything 'secret', just to make it easy on this test server. Isn't that what the Credentials are talking about?

Thanks for the help.

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.