[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: slurpd trouble
--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:32 PM -0500 Scott Mayo
I have been having a lot of trouble getting my replication to work. So
far, I have set up a Master
server(10.0.0.4=bes-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us) and a Slave
server(10.0.0.6=bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us). I added two users onto
the Master server and then copied the database over to the slave. I
started slapd up on both machines. I then added another user on the
Master. I started slurpd in one-shot mode to see why it does not update.
Here is the last part of the error that I get and then it never returns
me to the command prompt.
This isn't your problem, but dc stands for domain component. Your suffix,
etc, dn's do not conform to the general domain standards. To conform your
dn's would resemble:
or more likely
since bes-serve does not seem to be a domain name component.
As for your problem, it is due to a typo in your replica statement:
The binddn should be "cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"
You are missing the second dc= bit.
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html