Re: slurpd trouble

--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:32 PM -0500 Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

I have been having a lot of trouble getting my replication to work.  So
far, I have set up a Master
server( and a Slave
server(  I added two users onto
the Master server and then copied the database over to the slave.  I
started slapd up on both machines.  I then added another user on the
Master.  I started slurpd in one-shot mode to see why it does not update.
Here is the last part of the error that I get and then it never returns
me to the command prompt.
suffix		"dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"
rootdn		"cn=Manager,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"

This isn't your problem, but dc stands for domain component. Your suffix, etc, dn's do not conform to the general domain standards. To conform your dn's would resemble:

or more likely

since bes-serve does not seem to be a domain name component.

As for your problem, it is due to a typo in your replica statement:

replica uri=ldap://bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us:389

The binddn should be "cn=replica,dc=bes-serve,dc=bloomfield.k12.mo.us"

You are missing the second dc= bit.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services