Re: back-sql Error Message

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

tcanavan wrote:

From /usr/local/etc/openldap

/usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 5 -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf

I ger the following error message

==>backsql_get_db_conn()
==>backsql_open_db_conn()
backsql_open_db_conn: SQLConnect() to database "USERREGLDAP" as user "userreg_dbo" failed:
Return code: -1
Native error code: 0
SQL engine state: IM002
backsql_get_db_conn(): could not get connection handle -- returning NULL

This is an ODBC issue: apparently the DSN you're using in slapd.conf cannot be resolved into some configuration in your ODBCINI file.

Yes but I can connect with ths DSN name via the isql program that ships with the Easysoft ODBC driver

If I run it from the schema directory below I get this output
aemon_init: <null>
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap:///)
daemon: initialized ldap:///
daemon_init: 2 listeners opened
slapd init: initiated server.
==>backsql_initialize()
<==backsql_initialize()
could not open config file "./schema/core.schema": No such file or directory (2)
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

You used a relative path name in slapd.conf; apparently, you're running slapd from a working directory that is inappropriate for such relative naming. This error has nothing to do with the previous one.

Agreed

The ODBC Easysoft driver connects to the databvase without a proble

Since all above errors present very clear and self-explaining diagnostics, I suggest you try solving each issue separately before you post again, possibly with some evidence of problems in OpenLDAP software.

Is there any documentation on where OpenLDAP goes to look for the correct ODBC driver and ini file. I have followed the
following documentation and it does not work.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200103/msg00701.html

p.