back-sql Error Message

From /usr/local/etc/openldap

/usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 5 -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf

I ger the following error message

==>backsql_get_db_conn()
==>backsql_open_db_conn()
backsql_open_db_conn: SQLConnect() to database "USERREGLDAP" as user "userreg_dbo" failed:
Return code: -1
Native error code: 0
SQL engine state: IM002
backsql_get_db_conn(): could not get connection handle -- returning NULL

If I run it from the schema directory below I get this output
aemon_init: <null>
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap:///)
daemon: initialized ldap:///
daemon_init: 2 listeners opened
slapd init: initiated server.
==>backsql_initialize()
<==backsql_initialize()
could not open config file "./schema/core.schema": No such file or directory (2)
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

The ODBC Easysoft driver connects to the databvase without a proble

Tim