Re: Question about writing custom backends for openldap

Michael L Torrie wrote:

I have read the overlay introduction document and I think overlays can
do everything I need to do.  From my reading overlays can:
1. modify any ldap request and then pass it on to the backend
2. respond to a request, bypassing the backend altogether
3. modify a response from the backend before passing it to the frontend
4. replace a response from the backend

Is this correct?

Yes.

I'll being to investigate this path for basing my project on.  I'll
probably have a few programming questions later.  Should those be asked
here or on the devel list?

Anything regarding slapd internals will be discussed on the -devel list, so you should subscribe to that list to stay up to date.

--
 -- Howard Chu