Re: Syncrepl vs. replication

Howard Chu wrote:
> Since you're quoting the 2.2 Admin Guide, that's only talking about the
> 2.2 implemention of the syncrepl provider, which is obsolete. The 2.3
> provider works with pretty much any backend. It is known to work with
> back-bdb/hdb, back-ldbm, and back-sql, for example.

Well, nice. But since 2.3 is not out yet and there's no release schedule
for 2.3 the majority of the community lurking on
openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org is interested in 2.2.

Please don't get me wrong. I just want to make it clear that 2.2 is
still what people need for production. Yes?

Ciao, Michael.