Re: how to set entry cache

çåå wrote:

I know cachesize <integer>
Specify the size in entries of the in-memory entry cache
maintained by the BDB backend database instance. The default is
1000 entries.
but I didn't know how large in byte is one entry or one index.so I didn't know how to set cachesize in slapd.conf due to my machine memory.

If you don't know how large your entries are, certainly nobody else on this mailing list knows either.

The most obvious way to tune these settings is to start with some initial value and then run tests to measure the server response time, then alter some settings and repeat the tests. When your measured response time meets your performance requirements, you're done.

Exactly how to conduct the tests depends on your application, and the normal workload it will impose on the server. You're going to have to use your own brain to determine this, nobody can discover it for you.