Re: how to set entry cache

--On Thursday, April 28, 2005 9:57 AM +0800 çåå <luozhijian@huawei.com> wrote:

I know cachesize <integer>
           Specify the size in entries of the in-memory entry cache
           maintained by the BDB backend database instance.  The default
is            1000 entries.
but I didn't know how large in byte is one entry or one index.so I didn't
know how to set cachesize in slapd.conf due to my machine memory.

That is why I said there is no "right" setting for those two parameters. *YOU* have to experiment and work out what works best for your system.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html