Re: Hang in RH9 -> migrating to openldap-2.2.13

At 02:59 PM 4/22/2005, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
>I'm simulating the migration and I noted that this files:
> /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
> /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema
>no longer exists in openldap-2.2.13-2

I don't believe those files have ever been included in
OpenLDAP Software as distributed by the OpenLDAP Project.
If they are "missing" from whatever distribution of
OpenLDAP Software you are using, you should contact the
distributor for an explanation.

I note that 2.2.13 is a bit old.  You should consider
updating to at least the latest "stable", and if you
must rely on a 3rd party distributor to provide latest
"stable" releases, either encourage your distributor
to provide "stable" releases on a timely basis or find
yourself another distributor.

>So, when I restore my ldap BD in openldap-2.2, have to
>delete all the attributes to kerberosobject.
>Is this ok to do? What happend to those files?

slapd(8) could careless, but your applications might.
You should determine, though documentation and lists
for the applications, what's "ok" here.

>Also, I get this error with restoring the DB:
>
>slapadd: dn="dc=example,dc=com" (line=10): (64) value of naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

See the FAQ
  http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1006

>Is this normal?

If your entries is malformed, yes.

> Can I use the -c switch in slapadd ?

Yes, but then you likely will get errors on any
subsequent added subordinate entry.

Kurt