Re: Hang in RH9 -> migrating to openldap-2.2.13

Hi Kurt,

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

At 02:59 PM 4/22/2005, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:

I'm simulating the migration and I noted that this files:
/etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
/etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema
no longer exists in openldap-2.2.13-2

I don't believe those files have ever been included in
OpenLDAP Software as distributed by the OpenLDAP Project.
If they are "missing" from whatever distribution of
OpenLDAP Software you are using, you should contact the
distributor for an explanation.

I'm upgrading from RedHat 9 to RedHat EL 4
So I think they included those files in RH9. In RHEL4 those files no longer exists.

I note that 2.2.13 is a bit old. You should consider
updating to at least the latest "stable", and if you
must rely on a 3rd party distributor to provide latest
"stable" releases, either encourage your distributor
to provide "stable" releases on a timely basis or find
yourself another distributor.

I'm on RHEL4 now, I will look if they have a newer version in the rawhide or beta repository.
Is there any rpm made in openldap.org? I don't want to install from a .tar.gz, to easy later upgrades.

So, when I restore my ldap BD in openldap-2.2, have to
delete all the attributes to kerberosobject.
Is this ok to do? What happend to those files?

slapd(8) could careless, but your applications might. You should determine, though documentation and lists for the applications, what's "ok" here.

Since I don't use kerberos, I think it should be ok. My "ok" means: "ok to run LDAP
as a replacement for /etc/passwd and /etc/samba/smbusers only" ;)

Also, I get this error with restoring the DB:

slapadd: dn="dc=example,dc=com" (line=10): (64) value of naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

See the FAQ
 http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1006

Is this normal?

If your entries is malformed, yes.

I need to change in the .ldif exported file:
 dc: example.com
 dc: example
to make slapadd to work.

The error was here, at the beginning of the file:
dn: dc=example,dc=com,dc=py
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: Example.com.py