Re: Microsoft AD Schema files for OpenLDAP broken

At 05:40 PM 4/11/2005, Safdar Kureishy wrote:
>I am trying to launch OpenLDAP using the schema files for Microsoft's
>Active Directory that came with the OpenLDAP installation.

No modern release of OpenLDAP Software (as distributed by the
OpenLDAP Project) contains any schema files for MSAD.   The
HEAD branch use to contain some files for informational purposes
only.  These might have leaked into a release, but even if so,
they are just for informational purposes.

>I wanted to inquire if anyone could point me to a fully "working" set
>of AD schema files that I could use with OpenLDAP.

I suggest you obtain MSAD schema from Microsoft.

Of course, whether that schema will work in OpenLDAP Software
depends greatly on whether it designed in accordance with
X.500/LDAP as well as implementations details.  YMMV.

Kurt