Re: using syncrepl for master slave relationship not working

Simple!!!! no dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo in master database and you could not bind it, I try syncrepl and nothing problem with it, just try the test program from openldap installer and you would understand it more, try with simple and go to advanced. Hope this is help.

Omar Al-Tabari wrote:

Omar Al-Tabari wrote:

Howard Chu wrote:

Omar Al-Tabari wrote:

Omar Al-Tabari wrote:

Howard Chu wrote:

Read the 2.3 Admin Guide. The provider configuration in 2.3 is not identical to 2.2, as I've mentioned here a number of times.

now i've read the 2.3 manual and here's what i added to my slapd.conf:

index objectClass                       eq,pres
index ou,cn,mail,surname,givenname      eq,pres,sub
index uidNumber,gidNumber,loginShell    eq,pres
index uid,memberUid                     eq,pres,sub
index nisMapName,nisMapEntry            eq,pres,sub
index sambaSID                  eq
index sambaPrimaryGroupSID      eq
index sambaDomainName           eq
index entryUUID,entryCSN        eq

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

and i've also updated my consumers slapd.conf:

syncrepl rid=123
               provider=ldap://ldaptest.batelco.jo:389
               type=refreshOnly
               interval=00:00:01:00
               searchbase="dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo"
               filter="(objectClass=*)"
               scope=sub
               attrs="*"
               schemachecking=off
               bindmethod=simple
               binddn="cn=manager,dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo"
               credentials=secret

That looks reasonable.

I also tried out the "type=refreshAndPersist" mode on the consumer and this is the output after starting both the provider and consumer:

bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database
16: unknown tls_option <b>
slapd starting
request 1 done
be_modify failed (32)

That looks bad. There are other errors in your slapd.conf file that need to be fixed.

Does the entry corresponding to the database suffix exist in your database?

I'm sorry i didnt quite understand your question, I'm not that very good configuring these things as you may have noticed :)

this is what i got with debug level 9
*****************************
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=1, all=1
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
ldap_int_select
read1msg: msgid 1, all 1
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 12 contents:
ldap_read: message type bind msgid 1, original id 1
ber_scanf fmt ({iaa) ber:
ber_scanf fmt ({iaa}) ber:
new result: res_errno: 0, res_error: <>, res_matched: <>
read1msg: 0 new referrals
read1msg: mark request completed, id = 1
request 1 done
res_errno: 0, res_error: <>, res_matched: <>
ldap_free_request (origid 1, msgid 1)
ldap_free_connection
ldap_free_connection: refcnt 1
ldap_parse_result
ber_scanf fmt ({iaa) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (}) ber:
ldap_msgfree
bdb_dn2entry("dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo")
=> bdb_dn2id("dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo")
<= bdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found (-30990)
ldap_search_ext
put_filter: "(objectClass=*)"
put_filter: simple
put_simple_filter: "objectClass=*"
ldap_send_initial_request
ldap_send_server_request
ber_flush: 150 bytes to sd 10
=>do_syncrep2
ldap_result msgid -1
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=-1, all=0
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
wait4msg (timeout 0 sec, 0 usec), msgid -1
wait4msg continue, msgid -1, all 0
** Connections:
* host: ldaptest.batelco.jo port: 389 (default)
refcnt: 2 status: Connected
last used: Wed Apr 6 15:11:28 2005

** Outstanding Requests:
* msgid 2,  origid 2, status InProgress
  outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
** Response Queue:
  Empty
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=-1, all=0
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
ldap_int_select
connection_get(10): got connid=0
daemon: added 10r
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
daemon: select: listen=7 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: activity on: 10r
daemon: read activity on 10
connection_get(10): got connid=0
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
daemon: select: listen=7 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
=>do_syncrepl
=>do_syncrep2
ldap_result msgid -1
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=-1, all=0
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
wait4msg (timeout 0 sec, 0 usec), msgid -1
wait4msg continue, msgid -1, all 0
** Connections:
* host: ldaptest.batelco.jo  port: 389  (default)
 refcnt: 2  status: Connected
 last used: Wed Apr  6 15:11:28 2005

any clues?
it has "<= bdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found (-30990)" what does that mean?