Re: using syncrepl for master slave relationship not working

Howard Chu wrote:

Omar Al-Tabari wrote:

Omar Al-Tabari wrote:

Howard Chu wrote:

Read the 2.3 Admin Guide. The provider configuration in 2.3 is not identical to 2.2, as I've mentioned here a number of times.

now i've read the 2.3 manual and here's what i added to my slapd.conf:

index objectClass                       eq,pres
index ou,cn,mail,surname,givenname      eq,pres,sub
index uidNumber,gidNumber,loginShell    eq,pres
index uid,memberUid                     eq,pres,sub
index nisMapName,nisMapEntry            eq,pres,sub
index sambaSID                  eq
index sambaPrimaryGroupSID      eq
index sambaDomainName           eq
index entryUUID,entryCSN        eq

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

and i've also updated my consumers slapd.conf:

syncrepl rid=123
               provider=ldap://ldaptest.batelco.jo:389
               type=refreshOnly
               interval=00:00:01:00
               searchbase="dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo"
               filter="(objectClass=*)"
               scope=sub
               attrs="*"
               schemachecking=off
               bindmethod=simple
               binddn="cn=manager,dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo"
               credentials=secret

That looks reasonable.

I also tried out the "type=refreshAndPersist" mode on the consumer and this is the output after starting both the provider and consumer:

bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database
16: unknown tls_option <b>
slapd starting
request 1 done
be_modify failed (32)

That looks bad. There are other errors in your slapd.conf file that need to be fixed.

Does the entry corresponding to the database suffix exist in your database?

I'm sorry i didnt quite understand your question, I'm not that very good configuring these things as you may have noticed :)