[Date Prev][Date Next]
TLS/SSL problems, server side certificate not recognized
- To: openldap-software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: TLS/SSL problems, server side certificate not recognized
- From: Omar Al-Tabari <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:54:58 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
I'm totally ignorant regarding ldap but I must configure it to use it in
my company, I need to enable SSL/TLS for its use, either TLS over port
389 or SSL over port 636, but I can’t seem to make it work.
I’ve created a self signed certificate, as instructed in many FAQ and
HOW-TO articles, but it doesn’t seem to work, I also created a CA and
separated the certificate from the private key and added it to the
server but still no success.
i need help, it looks like I’m a total idiot that’s why it doesn’t work,
you cant help me with my stupidity but I hope you could help me to get
SSL or TLS working.
Also what needs to be done on the client side, do I copy the created
certificates or do I copy nothing?
Fedora Core 2