Re: SyncRepl provider failure, ITS 3534 and 3546

Matthew J. Smith wrote:

Does this mean there will be a 2.2.24?

Most likely, yes.

And if so, could you give me a rough idea of the timeline?

No, I have no idea.

-Matt

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:21 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:

After a lot of testing I've decided to commit the patch from ITS#3546, so it will appear in 2.2.24. The patch is already in OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_2 in CVS if you'd like to test it yourself.

The resource leak described in ITS#3448 occurs pretty rarely, i.e., only when a persistent search connection closes uncleanly (typically due to a network failure, or the persistent search client terminating uncleanly), so I think it's livable until 2.3 goes into production.

--
 -- Howard Chu