[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Does OpenLDAP support Change Tracking/UniqueObjectIds/Zombie entries?
--On Friday, February 25, 2005 3:25 PM -0800 Safdar Kureishy
I have a few follow-up questions about the UUID attribute that you
1) Which is the first version of OpenLDAP in which this functionality
All OpenLDAP 2.2 releases have it.
2) Is that version available for Windows?
You can get a cygwin version of OpenLDAP 2.2.
5) I have installed a Windows version of openLDAP version 2.8, and I
don't see any UUID attribute getting generated for entries. Is that
because 2.8 does not have that functionality?
There is no such thing as an OpenLDAP 2.8 version... Is it OpenLDAP 2.0.8,
OpenLDAP 2.1.8, or OpenLDAP 2.2.8?
BTW, the UUID attribute is operational, you have to ask an ldapsearch to
return the UUID attribute if you are searching for it using the "+"
3) Is it possible to include the "UUID" attribute in an LDIF "export"
of the directory?
4) Can queries be based on this attribute?
IIRC, yes they can.
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html
"These censorship operations against schools and libraries are stronger
than ever in the present religio-political climate. They often focus on
fantasy and sf books, which foster that deadly enemy to bigotry and blind
faith, the imagination." -- Ursula K. Le Guin