Re: Does OpenLDAP support Change Tracking/UniqueObjectIds/Zombie entries?

--On Friday, February 25, 2005 3:25 PM -0800 Safdar Kureishy <safdar.kureishy@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Kurt,

I have a few follow-up questions about the UUID attribute that you
mentioned below.
1) Which is the first version of OpenLDAP in which this functionality
exists?

All OpenLDAP 2.2 releases have it.

2) Is that version available for Windows?

You can get a cygwin version of OpenLDAP 2.2.

5) I have installed a Windows version of openLDAP version 2.8, and I
don't see any UUID attribute getting generated for entries. Is that
because 2.8 does not have that functionality?

There is no such thing as an OpenLDAP 2.8 version... Is it OpenLDAP 2.0.8, OpenLDAP 2.1.8, or OpenLDAP 2.2.8?

BTW, the UUID attribute is operational, you have to ask an ldapsearch to return the UUID attribute if you are searching for it using the "+" operator.

3) Is it possible to include the "UUID" attribute in an LDIF "export"
of the directory?

Yes.

4) Can queries be based on this attribute?

IIRC, yes they can.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount