Re: Using SecurID for authentication

Josh wrote:

Has anyone hacked up openldap to authenticate against an ACE SecurID
server rather than using the normal password mechanisms?  My plan was
to implement it much like contrib/slapd-modules/passd/kerberos.c, but if
the work has already been done elsewhere, I'll gladly save myself
the effort.

Another question: is this the right way to go about it? I have a feeling
it is, however there is a lot of talk about overlays these days. The page
at Symas (http://www.symas.com/techtips/introtooverlays.html) implies
that overlays are mainly for modifying the way the backends work.

Yes, this sounds like something you can add using a passwd module, not an overlay.

--
 -- Howard Chu