Re: Multiple syncrepl problems

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:51:25 -0700, Darren Gamble <darren.gamble@sjrb.ca> wrote:
> Good day,
>
> > I think your and Quanah's usage and bug reports have been
> > invaluable in
> > getting things stabilized here, but I personally would not be
> > comfortable using 2.2 syncrepl in production.
>
> Thanks to everyone who replied on this subject.
>
> We did try a 2.2.20 provider and a 2.2.20 consumer.  We had the same problem
> (syncrepl did not work at all).  We filed a bug on that, as well as the
> other parent/child problem.  Hopefully that helps.
>
> One last question- if we decide to keep using OpenLDAP in production (and
> work on fixing bugs as they come up), and we decide that LDAP Sync
> replication is important, should we continue to use 2.2.X, or should we be
> trying out the 2.3.X tree instead?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> ============================
> Darren Gamble
> Planner, Regional Services
> Shaw Cablesystems GP
> 630 - 3rd Avenue SW
> Calgary, Alberta, Canada
> T2P 4L4
> (403) 781-4948

Hi Darren,

We use a similar setup to you (Fedora Core 3, Openldap 2.2.19 with bdb
4.3 - Quanah advised against using bdb 4.3 however i couldnt find an
RPM package of 2.2.19 with bdb 4.2 that actually compiled with minimal
changes). We are also using Syncrepl, however with refreshAndPersist
option instead of refreshOnly.

I would be very interested in getting a copy of your modified Fedora
RPM (or source rpm you built from - if possible) and see how it goes
with our setup.

Also, does anyone know of an openldap 2.2.20 or 2.3 source rpm anywhere?

Cheers,
--
David Brown