Re: Replication problem on 2 debian systems

--On Monday, January 03, 2005 6:33 PM +0100 Marjan Knauer <knauer@torra.de> wrote:

> here is the configuration of the master (only the important lines):]

This:

> binddn="cn=replicator,dc=torra,dc=de" credentials=<text-replaced>
>
> and here is the slave configuration (only the important lines):

Doesn't match this:

> updatedn  "cn=manager,dc=torra,dc=de"

I suggest updating your "updatedn" to "cn=replicator,dc=torra,dc=de"

I thought replica-binddn is the slave access from the master (master's slurpd can write data to the slave using "replicator" user at slave; "replicator" is a special entry in the slave that can access all to write). The updatedn is the master access from the slave (slave's slapd redirects write issues to the master using "manager" user at master; "manager" is the rootdn at the master that can access all to write).

Is there a misunderstanding at my side!? I'm new to replication, sorry!

Yes.

From the slapd.conf man page:

updatedn <dn> This option is only applicable in a slave database updated using slurpd(8). It specifies the DN permitted to update (subject to access controls) the replica (typically, this is the DN slurpd(8) binds to update the replica). Generally, this DN should not be the same as the rootdn used at the master.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer