Re: Installing openldap 2.2.19 on RHEL 3

> I do have a really dumb question... the file
> called /usr/local/var/openldap-data/DB_CONFIG
>
> should that be owned by ldap:ldap or root:root or ??:??
>
> Craig

I recognized a problem on Fedora 2/3 on replication thathas exactly
this owner problem! Someone told me it is thesame on RH-EL. The daemon
running as ldap can NOT handlethe replication directory and especially the
lock filesfrom the replog files.You have at least to change them all to user
and group ldap!For me there seems still to be some problems as I thinkthat
the OpenLDAP software creates somes files as user root.I think this is
hardcoded in the software and therefor nota good idea of Redhat to change
the daemon user.

Regards,
Marjan Knauer