Re: Syncrepl and chain Overlay

On Thursday 09 December 2004 21:03, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having some trouble to get the chain overlay to work on a syncrepl
> > consumer with current HEAD code. My config basically looks like this:
[..]

> > Any idea what's going wrong here? Is the above configuration screwed?
>
> didn't go into details reading your config, so there might be something
> more; one thing I see is tht your configurtion is missing the
> "chain-acl-authcDN", "chain-acl-passwd" directives that tell the
> underlying back-ldap what identity to rebind as when following the
> referral.

I added those directives, but that didn't bring any progess. The behaviour is
still the same. I got a bit further by using the chain overlay as a global
overlay instead of tieing it to a database. I could at least see that the
consumer did a bind on the master server but then it crashed somewhere in
back-ldap (ldap_back_modify() ). I'll investigate further.

Seems that Quanah is right and this part of HEAD is a bit unstable at the
moment.

--
Ralf Haferkamp
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg