Syncrepl and chain Overlay

Hi,

I'm having some trouble to get the chain overlay to work on a syncrepl
consumer with current HEAD code. My config basically looks like this:

database bdb
suffix "dc=example,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com"
rootpw "secret"
overlay chain
chain-uri ldap://<master-server>
directory /var/lib/ldap
checkpoint 1024 5
cachesize 10000
syncrepl rid=333
        provider="ldap://<master-server>"
        type=refreshOnly
        interval=00:00:01:00
        searchbase="dc=example,dc=com"
        updatedn="cn=syncrepl,dc=example,dc=com"
        bindmethod=simple
        binddn="cn=administrator,dc=example,dc=com"
        credentials="secret"
updateref ldap://<master-server>
index objectClass,uidNumber,gidNumber eq

When issueing a modify operation on the consumer I just get the referral back
as if the chain overlay wasn't there. It doesn't even try to contact the
master server.
I compiled everything (chain-overlay and back-ldap) statically into slapd and
in the logs I see, that the chain-overlay is initialized and configured.

Any idea what's going wrong here? Is the above configuration screwed?

--
Ralf Haferkamp
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg