Re: ldap backend

Selon Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it>:

> I guess one feature we
> could add to back-ldap is the capability to download the schema (or
> the
> required bits of it) from the remote server at startup, if available,
> and add the missing items to the internal schema structure.

Hi,

I have done a patch which download the schema at startup. It seems to
work currently at least with OpenLDAP 2.1, 2.2 and Sun Directory 4.16
and 5.2.
Of course it still needs some work because it is based on OL 2.2.6 and
uses some hacks to make it compatible with Sun.
Maybe we can continue this discussion on openldap-devel ?

Raphael Ouazana.