Re: Monitoring openldap (generating statistics)

Kevin,

You're right, OpenLDAP doesn't communicate over SNMP (to my knowledge
anyway). But what you can do is in your snmpd.conf file is assign a
command line to an snmp oid (dont know the exact terminology i think
thats close).

Check out this page for more detailed howto
http://www.int-evry.fr/mci/user/procacci/Doc/monitor-snmp-ldap-rrd-en.html

Basically i just adapted this config to fit our environment, although
the monitor-jp.pl script talked about in here needed to be modified
slightly for OpenLDAP 2.2 and our setup.

MRTG sample from our setup is below:
Target[ldapOperations]:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.8.1.101.41&.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.8.1.101.47:public@localhost
Options[ldapOperations]: growright, nopercent, noinfo
Title[ldapOperations]: LDAP Operations - Total vs Search
PageTop[ldapOperations]: <H1>LDAP Operations - Total vs Search</H1>
MaxBytes[ldapOperations]: 1000000
YLegend[ldapOperations]: # ops
ShortLegend[ldapOperations]: ops
LegendI[ldapOperations]: Total &nbsp;