Re: BDB 4.3 & DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE

Howard Chu wrote:

>This flag has been superseded by DB_LOG_INMEMORY.
>

>Except that it doesn't work as documented; the docs says the default
in-memory log buffer size is 1MB but it behaves as if >the default size is
zero. I.e., if you don't specify a log buffer size (DB_CONFIG set_lg_bsize)
then this DB_LOG_INMEMORY >flag doesn't work at all. It seems to work fine
once you have it set though. I've sent a query to Sleepycat about this, >
>whether their doc or their code is wrong...
>
>I've changed back-bdb's fasttool option in HEAD to use the new flag, so
beware if you use it.

Howard, what do we need to be aware of?  Also, with DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE all I
had to do was set it and forget it during the bulk load.  With
DB_LOG_INMEMORY I get the following:

[ldap@pbglap00012 ldap]$ /usr/local/openldap-new/sbin/slapadd  -f
slapd.conf.master_new -l master-20041202.ldif
slapadd: could not add entry dn="uid=5349936,o=people,dc=pbg,dc=com"
(line=1641664): txn_aborted! DB_LOG_BUFFER_FULL: In-memory log buffer is
full (-30993)

My DB_CONFIG is as follows:

set_cachesize   0      524288000        0
set_lg_regionmax        1048576
set_lg_max              10485760
set_lg_bsize            20485760
set_lg_dir              /var/ldapdb/master-new/logs
set_tmp_dir             /tmp
set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
set_flags DB_LOG_INMEMORY

John Fortin