Re: Question about openLDAP, bdb backend, and commits

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 13:57, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Wednesday, December 01, 2004 1:40 PM -0500 Misty Stanley-Jones
>
> <misty@borkholder.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We had a power outage and UPS failure last week, and the LDAP server was
> > shut  down uncleanly.  When it came back up, surprisingly the database
> > looked  intact except for the very last entry I had added (adding a Samba
> > machine  account).  The only thing is, I had added that entry at least an
> > hour before  the power outage and that system is not a busy system at
> > all.  I was curious  about why the transaction obviously did not get
> > written to all the internal  tables, and if there is a way that I can
> > ensure that transactions get written  out quicker than that.  Is it a
> > limitation with BDB backend?  I am running: openldap2-2.2.6-37.22
> > db-4.2.52-85
> >
> > on SuSE 9.1.  EXT3 fs.
>
> Examine your "checkpoint" setting in slapd.conf, or add one if you don't
> have one.

It is not in the docs for my version, nor in "LDAP System Administration."

> Also your version of OpenLDAP 2.2 is rather old and known to be buggy.
That is probably what is wrong.  I really would like to stay with RPMs for
important things like openLDAP on a production system, but I will compile
from source if I have to.

Thanks,
Misty