Re: Rebuilding OpenLDAP

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:05:37 -0800, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
> Not being a Debian user, this doesn't tell me anything about which
> versions of software you're using. If you're going to the trouble of
> rebuilding, and you're not using at least 2.2.17 then you are making a
> mistake. There are a few memory leaks that have been fixed recently as
> well, so I personally would just go with 2.2.19.

And I would normally agree -- the debian test/main package section
only gives me OpenSSL 0.9.7e and OpenLDAP of 2.1.3

But the client wants to do this without rebuilding from source.

I myself love rebuilding things from source - and considering my
current project installs the self signed cert without error and then
simply hangs on even *small* openssl tests - I guess I will be forced
to build from source once more.

Such is the life of open source:  Once someone starts "re"building a
system from source they are typically stuck rebuilding all of it.

--
WC -Sx- Jones
http://insecurity.org/