openldap tools starttls

Hi:

Is there a way to configure that StartTLS should be used by default when using the openldap utilities?

In the PAM ldap.conf there is the option "ssl starttls", and in the openldap ldap.conf there is the option for using SSL "uri ldaps://myserver", but I cannot find an option for using StartTLS by default (I know I can use it by calling ldapsearch with -ZZ, by I want to configure it so I don't need to remember, and I always am sure that the connection is encrypted)

thanks

ricardo