From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Albert Whale
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 1:25 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: ldapsearch error

I have installed LDAP 2.1.25 on Mandrake 10.0

A simple query for a uid performed by root functions properly:

[root@web1 ldap]# /usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -LLL "(uid=rfritz)"
dn: uid=rfritz,ou=users,dc=example,dc=net
uid: rfritz
<snip>

HOWEVER, I cannot perform this same query by a non-root user:

[aewhale@web1 aewhale]$ /usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -LLL "(uid=rfritz)" No
such object (32)

Why? Any clues?

--