[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: central database on one server, "dislocated" servers in many cities
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: central database on one server, "dislocated" servers in many cities
- From: Tomasz Chmielewski <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:22:42 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.8 (X11/20040923)
Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> Through use of replication in slapd(8), you can do 1) through 4).
> 5) is not possible in slapd(8) as the "central" server would
> be the master server in the outlined scenario.
So you're saying there's no solution for that?
My case sounds so simple, what should one do to solve such a problem?
>> 5) moreover, in each branch, clients should be able to change their
>>and Samba should be able to add machines to the database automatically.
>>These changes should be added to the local machine (to save time on a
>>bandwidth, prevent failures due to broken link etc.), which would then be
>>transferred to the central server, and from there, to the rest of the