Re: Update: replog not created anymore ...

However, in reading the man page for slapd.conf, "replogfile" is not a per-db directive (at least not according to the 2.2.17 manpage), which means that it shouldn't matter where in the configuration file the "replogfile" statement is put, which sounds like a bug to me. Either the documentation is wrong, or slapd isn't behaving correctly.

--Quanah

Hm, in my copy of the 2.2 manpage, replogfile is listed in the General Database Options section, not the Global Configuration Options section. That means it is indeed database-specific (but independent of database type), and its position in the conf file is significant.

I agree with Kurt, there isn't enough context provided to see where the real problems are, but it is doubtless an error in the config file.

You are indeed right!

I had not read enough configuration documentation to see that each 'database xxxx' line starts a new configuration section. So it now seems logical that replication was broken after I inserted the line 'database monitor' above it. Sorry for that, should have read better before posting to the list .... newbie error :)

But it should not have been killing my slave after putting it after the replication directives .. actually, I believe that it is a perfectly good position for its inclusion ?

bye,
Chris