Update: replog not created anymore ...

Since I just couldn't stand replication not working anymore I did some more tests. After a while I remembered that the last thing I had been playing with was de 'database monitor' settings for statistics.

This seems to be my problem.

Three scenario's tested (in alle cases the slave ldap server has 'database monitor' turned on).

1.

---
database monitor

replogfile /usr/local/var/lib/ldap/replog
replica host=slave.nl bindmethod=simple binddn=cn=admin,o=slave,c=nl credentials=password tls=no
---

Result: Replication does nothing. Completely dead.

2.

---
replogfile /usr/local/var/lib/ldap/replog
replica host=slave.nl bindmethod=simple binddn=cn=admin,o=slave,c=nl credentials=password tls=no
---

Result: Whee, all works again. But no statistics ;(

3.

---
replogfile /usr/local/var/lib/ldap/replog
replica host=slave.nl bindmethod=simple binddn=cn=admin,o=slave,c=nl credentials=password tls=no

database monitor
---

Result: Eeeeeeeek !!!, slave database corruption after a couple of add/delete queries at the master.

Is there something specific I should do when using the "database monitor" feature?

bye,
Chris

Openldap-2.2.17 (in /usr/local), Fedora Core2, installed alongside default FC2 openldap 2.1.29

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christiaan den Besten" <chris@scorpion.nl>