replog not created anymore ...

Hi all!

I have upgraded our Fedora Code 2 supplied version of ldap with the one supplied at http://www.int-evry.fr/mci/user/procacci/SRPMS/FC2/. Installed the thing in /usr/local for comfort and had no complaints for days!

( I actually updated to this version because I had mayor db locks when using the default FC2 supplied version of slap. I only just read about DB_CONFIG a couple of days ago, so maybe these explain my bdb lockups ..... )

Yesterday I noticed that my slave ldap server did not receive any replication updates anymore :( .... after some investigation I am stuck ...

@master server:

---
[root@master /usr/local/var/lib/ldap]# slaptest -d 64 -v 2>&1 | grep "repl"
line 113 (replogfile /usr/local/var/lib/ldap/replog)
line 114 (replica ***)
[root@master /usr/local/var/lib/ldap]# ls -al
total 25168
drwx------  2 ldap ldap     4096 Oct 22 02:01 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root     4096 Oct 22 01:37 ..
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap   466944 Oct 22 02:01 cn.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap    16384 Oct 22 01:37 __db.001
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap   278528 Oct 22 01:37 __db.002
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap    98304 Oct 22 01:37 __db.003
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap   450560 Oct 22 01:37 __db.004
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap    16384 Oct 22 01:37 __db.005
-rw-r--r--  1 ldap ldap      411 Oct 22 02:01 DB_CONFIG
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap   344064 Oct 22 02:09 dn2id.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap    49152 Oct 22 02:01 gidNumber.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap  1310720 Oct 22 02:09 id2entry.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap 10485705 Oct 22 01:40 log.0000000001
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap 10475423 Oct 22 02:09 log.0000000002
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap   946176 Oct 22 02:01 mail.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap   167936 Oct 22 02:05 objectClass.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap     8192 Oct 22 01:37 ou.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap   253952 Oct 22 02:01 sn.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap   454656 Oct 22 02:01 uid.bdb
-rw-------  1 ldap ldap    49152 Oct 22 02:05 uidNumber.bdb
[root@master /usr/local/var/lib/ldap]#
---

It does not create any replog file anymore, and therefore slurpd does not send any updates to our slave anymore ( i guess ?? ) :(

Any hints what to do to debug this ?

bye,
Chris