Re: BDB Corruption...

Tony Earnshaw wrote:

ons, 20.10.2004 kl. 17.36 skrev Jehan PROCACCIA:

If you wish, I have relocatable openldap 2.2.17 source RPM package at

"If you wish": "S'il te plait", "s'il tu le veux", "s'il t'aide"?

your french is better than my english ! for me "if you wish" means "si tu le veux" = "it's up to you " ;-)

And Fedora Core 2 binary RPM packages at

for instructions, see readme-jehan.txt enclosed int the rpm.

I've long seen and admired your efforts to help others with cross-platform rpms; thanks on behalf of all of us. I've always been a go-it-aloner since my SCO OpenServer 5.0 days, years ago: "I'll do it in spite of you, you bastards", and that's carried on right to today.

I've got a machine that I can put Fedora Core 3 on. For OL 2.2.17 it
will have to have BDB 4.2.52/2 as a standard header and lib choice,
Cyrus SASL 2.1.18/19, openssl 0.9.7d, ldapdb auxprop, Postfix 2.1.5/TLS/SASL, Courier IMAP
3.0.8/maildrop 1.7 with Openldap support. I'll be having to compile my
own dspam 3 and install and configuring my own amavisd-new 2.1 with ldap
support and all the cpan-based Perl support for it (not a little). And
(Python 2band C) pykota print quota software with LDAP support. Do you
do all those rpms as well? Does anyone?

I just keep on having openldap RPMs uptodate just for test purposes, I realized that it saves me time to upgrade my rpm spec file rather than going in the traditional configure/make/make install process. It also keeps my machine configuration rather clean as everything I do is "rpm modifiable"

after having exclusively used heavily hacked/customised redhat for years and
years, i switched this year to suse. Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 has
OpenLdap2.2 as standard, more than that it uses it as the standard backend for
users, groups AND a lot of the system configuration. I have a 2-server cluster
with near-realtime journalled replication, a decent FS (Reiser!), failover
host/service/network clustering, and DHCP, DDNS, Samba PDC, SMTP/IMAP, HTTP all
using a openldap backend for auth/config. This is without a single line of
custom/compiled code or config, all configured through a GUI (well, a couple of
lines of cluster stuff by hand).

And of course, SuSE's Enterprise Linux (God bless Novell and all Provos)
supplies all of the above, out of the box. Why the hell use Openldap
when there's eDirectory: A far superior product, is it not?