Re: Newbie Question

Jimmy Hayes wrote:

Hello I installed openldap 2.2.17 on my linux 8 box and I am having some
problems accessing the ldap server from a utility.

I can do searches and modify data with the ldapsearch and ldapadd no
problems. However I am trying to use a utility called ldap/browser
editor v2.8.1 and I can't connect to the server. The utility requires
the host://which I put the server name, it also requires Base DN which I
type dc=domain,dc=com which is what I have on my
/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf with a line that reads
BASE dc=domain, dc=com.

i think it should work but for some reason it fails. Is there anything
else that I need to configure on the server? Or did I misconfigure some
of the above?
Thanks any help is appreciated.

turn on verbose logging on slapd and see what happens. A common reason (but I don't know about your) client is that LDAPv2 bind is disabled by default, but many clients still use it. Try adding "allow bind_v2" in slapd.conf.

p.