[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Newbie Question
- From: "Jimmy Hayes" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:26:26 -0700
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcSwqoNPXL28W8z7Qy6klKwL0Xzvag==
- Thread-topic: Newbie Question
Hello I installed openldap 2.2.17 on my linux 8 box and I am having some
problems accessing the ldap server from a utility.
I can do searches and modify data with the ldapsearch and ldapadd no
problems. However I am trying to use a utility called ldap/browser
editor v2.8.1 and I can't connect to the server. The utility requires
the host://which I put the server name, it also requires Base DN which I
type dc=domain,dc=com which is what I have on my
/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf with a line that reads
BASE dc=domain, dc=com.
i think it should work but for some reason it fails. Is there anything
else that I need to configure on the server? Or did I misconfigure some
of the above?
Thanks any help is appreciated.