[Date Prev][Date Next]
Adding users with email address
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Adding users with email address
- From: Robert Johnson <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:01:37 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
I just found an item finally in the archives that stated I need the
inetorgperson schema added. i have done that in the slapd.conf file and
restarted and stil get the same error.
I have the basic install of OpenLDAP and am trying to add users
utilizing ldapadd and an ldif file.
In the core.schema it has a definition for a mail attribute but when I
try and add the users email address I get an "Object class violation"
with additional info of "attribute 'mail' not allowed".
I have searched for this item and have been unsucessful at finding or
figuring out how to get this to work.
I have the core.schema loading and added cosine.schema since it also has
an entry for mail, but I still get the same error.
Here is a sample entry:
cn: Robert Johnson
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Robert A. Johnson
3633 136th Place SE, Ste.110
Bellevue, WA 98006