[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: SyncRepl not syncing

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Friday, August 27, 2004 1:26 AM -0500 Eric Jarman <ehj38230@cmsu2.cmsu.edu> wrote:

I have a problem getting syncrepl to work.
I am trying to do a full sync of all entries and attributes.
Master is 2.2.13, replica is 2.2.15.
I generated the replica by doing a slapcat from the master, and importing
it with slapadd, as described in a previous message

I have syncrepl configured on the replica as so:
syncrepl rid=50

I have also tried with type=refreshAndPersist, with no success.

Any suggestions?

Given the changes to syncrepl between 2.2.13 and 2.2.15, I don't suggest "mix & match".

Also, I suggest reading the recent thread on syncRepl from Luke Howard about it not honoring the refresh rate.


Well, I updated the master to 2.2.15, grabbed fresh output from slapcat, imported this into the replica with slapadd (after deleting the previous bdb files), then tried to start replication again.
After those changes, after modifying an entry on the master, the entry in the replica was simply deleted in whole.
Then, after carefully reading the admin guide again, I noticed that I didn't have the sessionlog entry on the master. Adding this in didn't get it working, but it did stop the problem of deleting entries on the replica.
In my opinion, that sentence in the admin guide that starts: "There is no special slapd.conf (5) directive for the provider syncrepl server ..." should really be changed. It's too easy to completely miss the bit about sessionlog being required.