Re: SyncRepl not syncing

--On Friday, August 27, 2004 1:26 AM -0500 Eric Jarman <ehj38230@cmsu2.cmsu.edu> wrote:

I have a problem getting syncrepl to work.
I am trying to do a full sync of all entries and attributes.
Master is 2.2.13, replica is 2.2.15.
I generated the replica by doing a slapcat from the master, and importing
it with slapadd, as described in a previous message
(http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200407/msg00825.html).

I have syncrepl configured on the replica as so:
syncrepl rid=50
     provider=ldap://ldap-master:389
     type=refreshOnly
     interval=00:00:05:00
     searchbase="dc=****"
     scope=sub
     filter="(objectClass=*)"
     attrs="*"
     schemachecking=off
     updatedn="cn=master,dc=****"
     bindmethod=simple
     binddn="cn=master,dc=****"
     credentials=********

I have also tried with type=refreshAndPersist, with no success.

Any suggestions?

Given the changes to syncrepl between 2.2.13 and 2.2.15, I don't suggest "mix & match".

Also, I suggest reading the recent thread on syncRepl from Luke Howard about it not honoring the refresh rate.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html